HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA may get to hunt 2nd turkey in spring/fall
Old 05-26-2004, 09:42 PM
Pat_Ely
Typical Buck

Default RE: PA may get to hunt 2nd turkey in spring/fall

I was just told about this today and had to express my opinion. I personally would not like to see a second turkey tag. I think with all the pressure these birds see now is greater than any other state. PA was rated number one in the amount of turkey hunters believe it or not. I feel that a one bird limit is good in the spring. I feel that it doesn't put as much pressure on them. I feel that if we leave it the way it is a YOUNGSTER may get a chance to harvest one. I feel that people will shoot the first turkey that comes in whether it is a jake or not, because they will think to themselves I still have another tag to wait on a long beard., and that will take a possible jake away from a KID! Just my opinion. My Taxidermist fond where in 1995 70% of pa hunters were against it, and in 1999 another poll was done and it was found that 4 out of 5 turkey hunters were against it again. I found out that the represenative that is pushing for it is a turkey hunter and wants the season extended. I believe that this is just another way for the game commission to get more money. Sorry if this offends anyone. Pat