HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many of you still..............
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 11:07 AM
Danny45

Default RE: How many of you still..............

Geeze, now I have a headache! Targetpuncher, you are stereotypical of former gun owners in the UK, Australia, and Canada. Your attitude is not dissimilar to the citizens of those countries. In fact, you are worse than they were. They were just complacent and let things happen without standing up for their rights. You seem to want gun control. You say the reason the DC, Chicago, New York etc are having such problems with gun violence is because the rest of the country doesn't control the guns the way they do. Well, the aforementioned countries all control guns, and their gun violence is no less than those cities. So your argument on that is ridiculous. What about the cities in the US that have laws stating you must own a firearm? Those cities have the lowest violent crimes in the nation. So do the States that have right to carry laws on the books.

Are you calling gun owners that aren't afraid to stand up for their rights warmongers? Seems that way. You seem to think that Briman and Driftrider WANT to have another civil war over gun ownership. How do you know that? Did I miss something in their posts that said that, or are you just generalizing? Hmmm, seems to me you used that word a bit also. You also seem to want to bash Driftrider when all he did was answer each one of your points in your post. Since you didn't like his reasoning, you want to turn it into a pissing match.

Sold us out ?? So Smith & Wesson are guilty of treason ?.... for, let me see..... making a business decision that ANY of your PET companies would make, if they thought it would be to
their stockholder's advantage. Like every other company in this business, S&W are trying to
protect their interests.
No, S&W is not guilty of treason. But yes, they sold us out. Kind of funny that they were under British ownership during that time huh? Your comments again are foolish since no other gun manufacturer did what they did. And they had the opportunity to do so at the same time S&W did. It wasn't because they saw what we were doing to S&W with the boycott because it hadn't happened yet. But they didn't sell us out the way S&W did because they value their customers. Face it, without customers, a business is not going to survive. The government isn't going to save them.

I hope you continue to live in your own little cocoon and rely on others to stand up for what's right. Someday, you might get to continue punching paper because of those that know what's right and stands up for it. I certainly have no faith that you'll be there beside us.