HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many of you still..............
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2004, 09:33 PM
targetpuncher

Default RE: How many of you still..............

Sold us out ?? So Smith & Wesson are guilty of treason ?.... for, let me see..... making a business decision that ANY of your PET companies would make, if they thought it would be to
their stockholder's advantage. Like every other company in this business, S&W are trying to
protect their interests. I dare say that you would do the same, if it meant potentially higher
costs if you did not (or regulation that could be WORSE).
I personally do not agree, any more than any of you, that the firearms industry should
completely "cave" to the anti-gun lobby. I expect, though, that S&W made their decision due
to the advice of the legal profession (whom we ALL support through our overly-litigious society) -
in order to forestall a long-term settlement (similar to that of the tobacco industry).
It is very obvious, to anyone who is paying attention, that additional regulation of firearms in this country is coming. We are ALL, collectively, to blame for this - (the alarming level of gun
violence here, plus our society made up of people who will sue at the drop of a hat). The question is, do we try to work with those anti-gun forces toward compromise....so that we can have RESPONSIBLE regulation (that will allow all of us to continue to enjoy our hobby)? Or, do we stick our heads in the sand - and deny forever the very concept that some additional regulation might
be needed - which will virtually guarantee that the anti-gun forces will eventually win-out. Which
would you choose ? I choose compromise, in the name of reduced gun violence AND being
able to continue in this hobby.