HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rompola Video
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 01:35 PM
Danny45

Default RE: Rompola Video

I'm sorry for stirring this back up, but I just wanted to get your thoughts on another aspect of all this.

My own belief is that the buck is real, but whether or not it was taken legally, and in the area it was said to have is another matter. I've read this whole thread and can see everyone's point of view on this. But something I didn't see brought up, (my eyes are crossed from reading all of it so I might have missed it), is what's in it for the scorer's? If Rompola was going to make tons of money off it (no matter how he did it), I could see some people might be willing to fake the score sheets for a cut. But, if he didn't make any money, and had none to give, what would be the purpose of three scorers lying about this and risking their own reputations? And if the story onehornjimmy posted is true, why would anyone, especially a game warden, back this guy up if it weren't true and risk their reputations for little or no compensation? I mean, I'd have to have a dollar sign in front of one of those figures posted earlier about odds, but then the IRS would take most of it anyway.

Like I said, there's definately room for suspecting fowl play, but I find it odd that others would go down with him.