HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What makes you as good as you are???
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 01:41 PM
stealthycat
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What makes you as good as you are???

Oh come one guys, I added 4 smiley faces and ya'll still don't get it ? Would 25 smileys have made a difference ?

Never forget that I have no problems with ya'll shooting whatever you want to, however you want to. I simply do not care because it will have no impact on my bowhunting at all.

My first response in this thread was true - high tech equipment does remove the neccessity of practicing and honing archery skills. Not a bad thing overall IMO and thus compounds, technology, bowhunting seasona sn numbers ahev all grown accordingly.

Silentassassin - I would bet a slice of Ma's apple pie you'd shoot just about every good buck that comes your way regardless if you shot compounds, crossbows or recurves. Why ? Youre a dang good hunter, you know HOW to hunt .... the only thing that would change is the when it comes time to shoot and you'd quickly adjust to a trad bow IMO. Like I said, I'd bet on it

atlasman - bounces off me and sticks to you (note smiley face, not a serious comment but rather one to smile at and a deft attempt at internet humor)

sigh

Ashamed ? The question was what makes you as good as you are. The top shooters in every 3D tourney shoot what bows atlasman ? Recurves ? Self bows ? Longbows ? No ... they shoot compounds. Why do you reckon that is ? Equipment makes a person more accurate - good if you will.

You all know if we were to meet at an archery range ... and switch bows, me taking your compound and you taking my longbow, who'd be shooting 10 rings in just a few minutes with few exceptions to that rule.

Thats NOT dissing anyones choice of archery, its just a factor that many ignore. So in answer to this topics question .... in many ways equipment DOES make the archer as good as they are - thats not as good as they can be though, thats only achieved with practice, and a natural ability to shoot.

BTW - I haven't drawn for my KS honeyhole yet. I sent the $$$ to my KS landowner buddies and they'll apply this month for two tags and I'll apply for mine. I get a tag, they get extra money for the holidays and we're all happy. Three years ago I shot a 125" 8 pointer, two years ago I was skunked (missed a large buck though) and last year I shot a 140" ish 11 pointer. Why do you ask ?