HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What makes you as good as you are???
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 11:48 AM
silentassassin
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What makes you as good as you are???

Just a known fact that some of us use challenging equipment that really brings out the essence of what bowhunting is ....

and other just go out and buy compounds
Just like some folks are content with dinks and rag tag elk where others aren't content with anything less than a thumper. It's really all up to the individual's preference. It seems like you would rather "enjoy" the challenge of traditional equipment and I would rather enjoy hearing thwack and knowing I just killed another good buck. You've been on this high horse for a while now feeling all special because you hunt with traditional equipment yadda yadda. I don't think shooting traditional equipment makes you special. I think it's stupid for limiting yourself like that. If you want to do it, I don't have a problem, in fact I say more power to you. However, not everyone derives their satisfaction from the same things that you do. You think it's about the equipment. I think it's about the hunt as well as the outcome of the hunt. The main difference being what we have left to show for our time and trouble. I have a few pics and a pretty fair pile of horns out in my shed if you want to stop by the next time you hunt Rainey and we can compare notes and try to figure out who got the most enjoyment out of their perspective hunts as well as whether it was more challenging for you to shoot a scrub with your trad equipment or for me to shoot a P & Y with my compound