HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wal Mart?
Thread: Wal Mart?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 01:11 PM
dog1
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wal Mart?

Doe Dumper,

Have to agree with most of the post here about Wal-Mart. However, I'm guilty because I have bought 3 or 4 guns from them over the years. I was luck for several years, had a niece that ran the sporting goods section at our local WM, she hunted and fished, so her knowledge of sporting goods was better than most. Sad to say, she got married and they moved to Alaska. After her, another lady took over and she too hunted and fished, again lucky for a while. Truly sad to say, she got sick and had to quit work. Now the ones' that run the sporting goods section are lost.

I went to the web site you posted on WM and heard something similar over 10 years ago from a local business man. Him and his father ran several of the old 5 & dime stores over the years. The son was in his late 70's when he died. About 10 yrs ago he told me WM was destroying the small business, to include the manufacturers. He explained exactly what the site stated, WM would make the manufacturers sale so cheap that they eventually would go out of business.

Back to buying guns, etc., I mostly buy from gun shops, have to travel about 50 miles to get to the good ones, when I could go 20 miles to Wally World. As I said, I have bought guns from WM, but prefer a good gun shop any day.

And back to the original post on the guns at Wal-Mart. The few I have bought from them have been ok, no problems.

dog1