HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question on deer hoof growth
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 03:25 PM
shed33
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question on deer hoof growth

Dirt,

Thanks a ton, I really appreciate that info and all the work you put in. From everything you have there in regards to tracks, your #s seem right on with the bucks I have backtracked here in the winters and harvested in the hunting seasons. I killed a 7.5 year old last archery season, I believe I still have his hooves. I will get a tape on them for you, by putting his track in the dirt. I will be interesting what he measures. As for the 3.5 year olds here and 4.5 year olds here that I have weighed on the hoof and field dressed your #s are very similiar, very very close.

I'd love to keep in touch with you on this and start measuring more in my area. Let me know when you want to do that whitetail hunt here, I'd be glad to help out, who knows maybe we could hook up someday and do some bowhunting.

Thanks again I'll get that bucks track measured. The biggest bucks I have personally seen on a scale here went 278 and 306 whole, not gutted and each buck was 5.5 or older...

Take care thanks again...very interesting, oh I have a degrees in biology/kinesiology...sounds like we have some common interests.

Shed