HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wal Mart?
Thread: Wal Mart?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 03:08 PM
semi
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wal Mart?

This is a good spirited debate. I will just add that i think it's a good idea to patronize the mom and pop stores when you can. I do, but i don't make it a rule that i live by. If my local gun shop owner was $25 more, and is not an arrogant PrI&%, i would buy from him. Fact is, i looked at a few gun shops when i bought my model 70. There is no difference except the $179 difference. If you think about it, Winchester is still making money.. even if you buy your remington ammo at wal-mart, remington still makes money don't they? that's a good thing. But i can't justify $179 difference to deal with someone like my local gun shop owner. Plus i knew what i wanted when i went to the gun shop. I didn't need someone selling me something. i did my own research. Perfect example, the local shop had a Marlin336 30.30 USED on sale for $410.... YEP $410!!!! wallmart had the same gun NEW for $329 with a scope (albeit cheap) and sling. It seems to me the gun shop is preying on people who don't know what they are doing.

To be a good mom an pop shop you have to answer the call of being more customer driven than wal-mart. Some are, some aren't. the ones that are usually do alright.