HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How Far Will you go to be Sent Free
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 12:50 PM
shed33
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How Far Will you go to be Sent Free

Scent Free..... how far do I go? For Bowhunting...

1. Shower before every hunt and or a scout, Using scent eliminating soaps.
2. Spray down in the shower stall with Vanishing hunter, entire body.
3. Step out of shower, use a scent free washed towel to dry off and then spray down again, then slip on scent free washed sweats and socks and spray down again on top of those sweats.
4. Exit house as quickly as possible 3-4 seconds from bathroom to my front door.
5. Get in Vehicle (making sure I spray my seat down good with vanishing hunter) or get on on quad (spray it down too) to ride to the general area I am hunting.
6. Get out of Rig, or off the quad and strip down. Spray down again.
7 Put scent lok liner system on out of scent sealed bag. I wear two liners if its cool enough out. This liner systems covers me from head to toe (gloves, head cover) and is comfortable by its self even in very hot weather. If it's colder out I add a layer of camo ontop of the scent lok liners, if hot I just hunt in the liner, its olive green and blends in fine.
8. Scent lok liner is on, now spray down again. Spray fanny pack and put it on with my rubber boots if I am whitetail hunting, scent liner boots if elk hunting on the ground, spraying them inside and out before putting them on. Pull bow out of case and spray it down.
9. walk to hunting area, with whitetails, to a stand or ground blind, with elk if I am calling ........I walk and carry the Vanishing hunter if I start sweating which ya do alot elk hunting I keep spraying down now and then
when needed.
10. Get close to stand, say 500 yards out, spray down again. The stuff I use you can spray in your mouth.... and I do.
11. Get in stand, get settled, Spray down again.

I never "worry" about the wind, I still "play" it but dont worry and I often hunt right near mature bucks beds where the wind in this mountainous country swirls anyway. I pass several bucks that continue to come by right under me day to day in early season even with temps of 90+. Since I have adopted this scent free regimen, I have never witnessed a deer or elk spooking while bowhunting.

Good Luck,
Shed