HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - To gut or not to gut?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 06:38 AM
huntnma
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: To gut or not to gut?

ORIGINAL: stalkin steve

Personally I don't take any meat from the wild pigs I shoot. For one thing, 50% of pigs in northern Queensland , Australia are known to carry at least one disease so it can be a health issue eating wild pig meat.

Secondly they are a pest and do alot of damage to the environment, so I'm doing the environment a favour by knocking one off here and there.

I still respect the game I shoot but it's just my personal opinion on taking meat from pigs. I haven't yet downed a deer but I think I will take alot of it for meat though.

Stalkin Steve
i'm having to question this.......our hogs do the same damage and have diseases.....why not protect yourself, wear gloves, dont get the blood in any wounds that you may have....it's some of the best meat ever.....cooked right, boars are even good.....i still wouldnt waste a critter that is taken, like was mentioned, feed the hungry, neighbors could use it.....but like you said its your personal decision.....do yourself a favor and eat them hogs , cook em well and you shouldnt have problems.....