HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dillon's discontinued digital scale opinions.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:14 AM
bchannell

Default Dillon's discontinued digital scale opinions.

I've been doing some product reviews online at my website and have gotten some feedback on one review in particular.
I did a review of the latest Dillon DTerminator 2 digital scale, in which I basically said it was a good scale with a fatal flaw..the tare function kicks in when you try to trickle into the pan. It adds the additional weight to the tare, unseen, and not to the display. The scale was easily fooled by several grains by normal trickling. Dillons response was the scale was not designed for trickling of powder, which was amazing to me. What in the world do they think 90% of the people do with a scale????? They said it was only designed to set up a powder measure, where a charge is dropped on it and read, without any additions.
My question is, that the feedback I am getting is that the older DTerminator that has since been discontinued, did not do this and was a very nice scale indeed. I'd like to hear opinions from those who've owned or used one. I'm trying to get a hold of one from Ebay to review and maybe get Dillon's attention to this rather dangerous problem.
As a side note, anyone who's used a Pact Digital Precision scale knows that it has the very same tare function, but it is disabled as soon as approximately .5 grains of powder is in the pan, thus allowing tricling as normal. That's the way it's supposed to work.