HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ELK GUN 270 ?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2004, 01:19 PM
cherokee_outfitters
Typical Buck

Default RE: ELK GUN 270 ?

Everyone has an opinion and that's what america is all about. Thank god for that.

I've seen elk wounded by one caliber just as much as the next and in the end it all boiled down to nervousness, lack of shooting capability, and pure ignorance on having patience to wait out the better shot. We all screw up and a bigger rifle won't help you a bit if it's a really bad shot.

lets be safe, screw the 30-06 and lets all buy 50cal rifles that way we can cut the elk in half and not have to field dress it. Oh yeah I wouldn't suggest using a soft nosed bullet it in it . We better load full metal jackets so the bullet won't blow up. Oh wait what was I thinking buy the 20mm vulcan and have it air landed on a mountain top, take out the whole herd in secounds. I wonder if we should start using explosives broadheads on bows incase it hits a leg or something.

Oh i got it three triton war heads has surely got to be enough to take a bull elk. Then again better make it four.

I tried to not say nothing but nope i'm bull headed.

Oh wait I forgot we could pour gas on the elk and use tracer rounds. Ummmmmm instant lunch, anyone got a salt shaker handy?

I shot a chipmunk once with a 270, the bullet bounced right off its hide. And I had to take him down with a 577 tryno before he whooped my butt. That was a close one so I only shoot field mice with the 270 now.

I shoot a 300win mag (rather be huntin), but I've killed just as many bulls with a 270win. Really haven't seen any difference in the kills or damage. Just having fun sorry it was at your exspense. Ignore it, you do have your opinions and I can respect them.