HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NAHC Food plot Article - bone to pick
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2004, 02:09 PM
bowbow
Spike

Default RE: NAHC Food plot Article - bone to pick

One positive point about some of the deer blends. A lot of times it's not just one kind of clover. They provide a mix a different clovers. Or better yet clover and other seeds. I don't know, are deer like humans and they like a variety? An example: Biologic makes a product called Green Patch. It's made up of 21% Brassica's (cabage like plants), 40% Clovers (what kind I don't know but with there research I trust them), and 29% Wheat and Oats. That sounds like a pretty good mix to me. If one thing isn't pulling the deer in maybe the next seed will. I think that the inflated prices that the whitetail seeds include the cost of their testing and mixing of different seeds, not to mention that pretty marketing bag they have to put it in to attact people. I prefer to take their research and apply it to my hunting right away so I don't waste years trying to figure out what works. That would be my two cents. As for lime and fertelizer I do go cheap. Co-op and a lime spreader are the best way to go.

bowbow