HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Public land blues
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 08:01 PM
Mr. Longbeard
Nontypical Buck

Default Public land blues

Our opening day was Mon 19th. I was scouting this spot(just listening from the road) Fri,Sat and Sun morning and evenings. Not once did I see any hunter anywere within a 1/4 mile of my hunting spot. Well I get to my spot at 4:00am. Around 5:00am this guy comes down the road see my truck and locks up his breaks and skids like 5 feet to a stop. He does a 3 point turn in the middle of the road and goes back the way he came and pulls in the next pull off on the road wich is only like 75 yards from were I parked. I pretty much know what this jerk is going to do so I get out of my truck and head into the woods. I see this guy comeing down threw the woods with a flash light and he is heading to the same spot that I was going to hunt(surprise surprise!!!) Well he gets about 50 yards from me and I've about had it and ask the guy if he could possiblly give me some breathing room. Well he turns around and walks like 50 yards from me and starts to owl hoot at least 10 times. Well I realize there is no shame in this guys jungle so I just take of and put like 4 ridges between us. Mean while I can still hear this guy owlling the whole time I'm putting realastate between us. Now just 3 days earlier I heard atleast 6 to 7 gobblers in this area each day. Opening day and not one gobble. My brother told me I should of just blasted off 3 rounds and went to my back up spot. I really didnt want to do that figuring I might get lucky and still bag me one off those gobblers. Welp I didnt get one of the gobblers but maybe later in the season I might get him. Just figured I give you private property guys a little look into my world. Trust me it SUCKS!!!