HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A double miss!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 10:35 AM
Jacko

Default A double miss!!!

Son in law, 7 year old son and I all got in to our Doghouse TSC this morning for some bird hunting. We decided to give son in law first whack at a tom considering it was his first time turkey hunting and he's trying with a bow. That's also the way I hunt. A cool morning with only 1 gobble and some hen talking. Saw six deer and numerous geese and ducks. At 9:30 my 7 year old say's "dad a turkey, no two". My first thought was ok, April fools again! I looked and holy cow, a pair of jakes. Decision time! We decided to take a double so we could go fishing tommorrow. Guess what, we"ll be turkey hunting again! We both shot low. Didn't have time to range find and woops, they were at 28 yards. Started calling them back but I think they thought something was weird with all the laughter! I know this was a million dollar hunt! Son in law is hooked and my 7 year old said he could make that shot easy. LOL. I think he could! Tommorrows another day. Got to go work on the boat now, the smallies are in the river with some rainbows. Maybe I'll go back out and sleep in the blind for a while!