HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are they mutually exclusive?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 09:33 PM
vERN
Spike

Default RE: Are they mutually exclusive?

An interesting post. I could be considered a novice techie as I like to try out the new stuff that looks interesting. I have a small shop and usually try out stuff before I'll recommend it to others. I don't get out to do my scouting like I should - scout & hunt at the same time - which isn't good. I have friend that has shot quite a few big bucks, which is important for HIM, but I always tell him that if I worked as hard at it as he does I wouldn't enjoy the hunt - but he does get the big ones. As far as some "naturals" I don't know about that, but my youngest son seems to fall into that category. Shot (and dropped in its tracks) a deer the lst day he hunted. He has had to let the bow sit for a couple of years sometimes, but when he picks it up he is right back in there after a few shots. Shot fingers too - couldn't get him sold on a release until he got a newer high let-off bow a few years ago, then he got one that shoots on releasing the trigger instead of pulling it. Seem where ever I set him up he has deer come in. I have seen good target shots that for whatever reason cann't seem to hit a deer,. and guys that do fair on targets, but get their deer every year. There's more to hunting than shooting.