HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are they mutually exclusive?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 08:42 AM
PABowhntr
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Are they mutually exclusive?

I am surprised that nobody has considered my next comment yet especially considering some of the members who have posted.....

I guess the converse of your statement could also be true.

...that the best hunters are not the best shots and definetly not the most knowledgeable about equipment.
Well then maybe the best techs are not the best shots or the best hunters. I have not shot a deer in 10 years!

Seriously though, I can and do agree with your statement. I know of several very successful hunters (read as they shoot big bucks year after year) who have literally no understanding of the equipment they use. They know that they should wax their strings periodically and that they need to have their string and cable(s) replaced every other year or so but they have no recognition of some of the finer aspects of the equipment that they continue to utilize.

In my opinion that is what makes this sport as great as it is. Each one of us can approach it from an entirely different perspective and yet no single perspective is entirely "right" or "wrong" just different.