HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - OH 4/17
Thread: OH 4/17
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 08:26 PM
DBaker

Default RE: OH 4/17

With that new farm we have access to 10 private farms in different locations, but all are fairly close to each other, most only a couple miles. The limit in Ohio is two birds. I hate hunting the same places over and over and over. This is why I am always looking for new ground. I hunt, my dad hunts, my best friend hunts, and I got a couple more buddies that accompany me from time to time when I need a partner. We put most of the farms in use year after year. The main reason why I like getting access to different spots is because I hate working the same bird(s) over and over and over every day. Giving the birds a rest from time to time can be beneficial. This is where changing locations comes in handy. Plus we do share a couple farms with a couple other hunters, so not all the birds we hunt are "unpressured birds." New terrain, new birds, new day, that's what turkey hunting is all about. I spend more time before season knocking on doors and scouting than I do hunting. Heck last season I only got out 10 times, the rest of the time I took friends and family members out. I guess it just comes down to me loving to hunt new spots, you can't blame me can you?