HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gobbling Situation in IL?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 01:22 PM
joemj36

Default RE: Gobbling Situation in IL?

well i went out again this morning. first stand showed nothing but a hen and a coyote. then i went back down to where my cousin got his gobbler. I started calling a little and about twenty minutes into it i saw one coming from my left side, not where i expected one to come from. he came in, looked at my decoys, and for some reason just walked up the other side of the draw. So i was not happy about that. after he left i crawled to the edge of a nearby field and saw a tom by itself about 200 yards away. I honestly didnt think he would come in, but i decided to make a few yelps at him anyways. well wouldnt u know it he turned and started walking right towards me. So i crawled back and set my decoys up on a little trail and layed behind a fence about 15 yards away. From where i was setup at i couldn't see into this field so i didnt know if he was still coming in or not. Well after about 45 minutes of calling off and on he came in. He stood about 5 yards away from my jake decoy struttin, spittin, and drummin. I thought he was gonna attack the decoy, thats when i put an end to it with my extra full choke tube. 1" spurs and a 9" beard. things couldnt get any better than this.