HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - OH 4/17
Thread: OH 4/17
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 12:49 PM
DBaker

Default OH 4/17

Woke up early and went down with one of my buddies to scout that I don't get to scout/hunt with as much as I would like. We scouted some spots early, heard quite a few gobbles. Just about every farm we went to listen we heard birds. Saw some nice strutters in some fields I can hunt as well. The bonus of the day was on the way back home we stopped and asked this farmer to turkey hunt. We got to talking and told him how we would like to bring a youth hunter in here and try to get him his first bird. The owner's farm manager showed us around on his ATV where he saw birds and the property lines. We asked him if anyone else hunts and he said no, only you guys. 300+ acres of nice mature hardwoods with a cow pasture all to ourselves. He said if we see anyone else in there to tell them to hit the road. That has got to be one of the nicest landowner's/tenants I have ever met. We're going to take the youth hunter in there on the opener and see if we can't get him a bird. Then after that it's our turn to bust one in there. Gotta love getting permission to hunt new spots!! Ok now I have seriously got too many spots to hunt. But hey, you can never have too many spots to turkey hunt.