HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NAHC Food plot Article - bone to pick
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 03:04 AM
slobbyrobby33
Fork Horn

Default RE: NAHC Food plot Article - bone to pick

Hey guys, Just want to addd my .02 worth on this subject. I am not trying to upset anyone but this is complete B.S. I strated putting in perinaial food plots in 2 years ago.I looked through all the commercial stuff and talked to the local farmers. Then I went out on the internet and did a serch for New Zealand white clover. I found a company in Organ {where 95 percent of all North American clover seed is produced} that has the contract with Tecomomte. The owner told me that the only difference between his seed and tecomonte is the package it comes in. I bought 25 LBS. for less than have the price I would have paid going to Tecomte. The owner also told me that 95% of all commercial Clover {deer} seed comes from someone in the Pacific North west. This is also the same clover seed that farmers get a the local co-op.

I cannot say if all the comercial deer crops are like this but as far as clover is concerned you are buying the same thing that the farmers are planting.

Also rember 1 thing. Record book bucks were being taken long before the push for deer seed existed.