HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are they mutually exclusive?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 12:36 PM
ewolf

Default RE: Are they mutually exclusive?

Hunting comes down to 3 things time, money and knowledge. Some people have better property to hunt then others. I hunted 5 years on my 300 acre farm, i killed one 8 pointer. I have hunted property i bought 2 years ago and have killed 2 "Big" deer. I'm not that much better of a hunter, i just have a better place to go. I would never kill a deer that big on the old property.

I could kill 3 Pope and Young deer a year if i had the CASH. Anyone can, size doesn't matter to me, the effort, experience, and story behind the kill counts.

I would never enter an animal into the Pope and Young record books. If i was making a living shotting and hunting i would to get my name out. If you are a hunter and your dream is to shot a Pope and Young animal just to get you name in the books, you need to take a deep look at your self. Why are you hunting to impress other people? Spend about 200 bucks to just to see your name in a book. It does not make my animals any less impressive because they are not in the record book.

I don't believe in the scoring system either. Buddy of my doesn't have the biggest bow kill in Ohio(typical) because his deer has to be scored as a non typical or take a 30+ inch deduction as a typical. A point off of a point because the tine doesn't come off the the top of the main beem. I have a less impressive deer that scores higher because of this. He told P&Y to shove it.

Sorry for going on and on.. i know some won't agree and thats fine just the way i see it.

Just because they can't shot quarters at 40 yards doesn't mean they can't kill big deer. Who has killed a buck past 30 yards? I have one Whitetail kill past 30 and that was 36 yards.