HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are they mutually exclusive?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 12:08 PM
silentassassin
Nontypical Buck

Default Are they mutually exclusive?

OK here is my question. Have you noticed, and I am not referring to anyone here on the forum, that the best hunters are not the best shots and definetly not the most knowledgeable about equipment. I have. I fancy myself a good hunter and I think my track record speaks for itself. However, I know several hunters in my area that are not only more dedicated but also consistenly kill more deer and bigger deer than I do. None of these guys buy into the you got a have a new bow and it has to be this brand etc. etc. stuff. Most of these guys know that you take your bow to the shop and they "tune it" and that's about it. Most of the really really good hunters that I know spend very little time talking about equipment and know very little about KE but they know a whole lot about getting close to critters and they spend the majority of their time practicing it. I know some good hunters that are techies but I don't know any really really good hunters that are techies so are the two mutually exclusive and have you found this to be true also?