HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cuddeback digital game cam
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 07:17 PM
arkansasbowhunter
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cuddeback digital game cam

goto hagshouse.com. I personally have no experience with a IR camera but there are several guys on the site that build them and are more than willing to help you build one. I will say that building an IR camera is more risky than building straight digital. A digital camera, if you have all supplies before you start should take less than 1 day to build. the second and third will go buy much faster as there is a learning curve with the first one. the cameras are relatively easy to hack now. Here is an example of some stuff a sony p32 can do on a HH1 or 903v mother board. the camera will take over 500 pictures with a flash on 2 AA batteries and the board will run for about 3 months with one nine volt battery. The amount of pictures depends on what megapixel you set your camera on obviously b/c it is a 3.2 mg pix camera but you have the option of choosing 2 or even 1 mg pix on it. I think a 128 mg card will yield about 794 pictures if my memory serves me right. I still think that the guys who are buying camera units are wasting there money b/c as stated before IMO you can build a lot better unit for about the same price as the stealth digital or even cuddlebuck which eat batteries like a kid in the candy store eating M&M's. ABH