HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whisker Biscuit Problem
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2004, 09:55 AM
Arrroman

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Problem

1turkeykiller,
I shoot feathers through the biscuit all the time without a problem. You should check to make sure that you are using the correct spine arrows for the bow, too light a spine arrow can cause excessive contact with the fletching as the arrow flexes its way through the rest. The correct arrow to biscuit fit is loose not tight, a tight fitting biscuit can be hard on fletching. The biscuit should be installed parallel to the bowstring not tipped forward or backward. Every time I install a biscuit on a bow I set the bow at an even tiller and nock the arrow at the 90degree position on the bowstring. You should grouptune to set the windage for the rest so that the arrows all fall on the same vertical line when shooting different distances. On most right-handed bows the rest will probably be about 1/8" to the outside of the centerline of the bow for the bow to shoot its narrowest groups. You should tiller tune if needed to get a level arrow in the target, this will allow you keep the arrow nocked at the 90degree position on the bowstring. Any good arrowsmith will put a drop of glue on the front and rear of each fletching, if they don't they should be horsewhipped. Good luck with your bow. Good luck hunting!