HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Indoor Range Target Construction??
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2004, 07:00 PM
hoyt_boy

Default RE: Indoor Range Target Construction??

Len,

That's interesting to me, I never heard of the actual target wearing out. Is it just the covering of the guts of the target or is it the guts themselves that is wearing out? Like I said earlier, when the outer 'bag' wears out to the point that the stuffing falls out then they just replace the covering for next to nothing. The ones I'm familiar with have been in place since '97 I think - it's not a huge club but there are several members who do make regular use of it year round. They usually last 6 months or so before the stuffing starts falling out, the guys who own the range turn the targets over about everyday or every other day. I've also seen them jumping up and down on them to rearrange the stuffing when the arrows start going a little deep. But the targets themselves take forever to wear out from my experience, especially since they are filled with that string and fabric which doesn't lose mass with shots like the layered targets and 3-d targets do. But that's just my personal experience, and I'm sold.

Just curious, how long is it taking for your targets to wear out, and what part of the target is wearing out? Thanks...

Again, just my humble opinion...

To elaborate on what JeffB said, I don't have experience with the ones made/sold in the last year - just the older ones. I do have one that is a couple of years old and is mine personally, but I can't give a good review on its performance because since I got my Tuff Buck 3-d target I just haven't shot at the eternity target much. However, in the couple of hundred shots I've put in it, it has been fine. But that's not really enough to give an accurate review.