HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - opinions of the whisker biscuit?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Whatever...

Yes I have tried several ! Currently I have a Deluxe Quick Shot with the B2 bristles ! Set up was very easy .....as has been with my others ! I shot feathers for the last few years but switched to vanes this year ! I have not had any ill effects with my fletchings ! But I fletch my own.....I do know someone that had trouble with some fletched at a shop ! Right now I'm using Bohning vanes on Easton Axis arrows with a mild helical ....probably 3-4 degrees ! They have shown no wear and the only negative I can think of .....is they get small dark streaks from the bristles on them ! Paper tuning is good......group tuning is good......broadhead flight is right on with my field points !

I haven't ever bothered trimming any of mine and haven't really seen any reason to ! Speed loss on my originals were chrono's at 5 fps several different times ! The new B2 bristle model supposedly lose 3 fps .....although I haven't chrono'd since changed to the B2 !

Accuracy........nock busted at 20 yrds.....less than 2" at 30 .....and continuing out to 65 yrds I'm maintaining average groups of around 4-5 " !! I shot my first 3D course in years the other day and put all my shots in the vitals from the longest yrd stakes ! As good as I could ask for !!
CBM, you could've posted all that at the very beginning and saved us all the tights and cape, mighty defender of the WB stuff. You act like the texas flat out said "WB's suck" instead of saying they "don't seem right."

He's absolutely correct! They don't seem right. It is a completely opposite format than any other rest. Coming from years of living with the idea of eliminating all fletching contact to a rest that guarantees 100% fletching contact? Even you have to admit that sounds WRONG.

I notice you've got the same silly fight going over on the bowhunting forum where a guy was just asking if a dropaway would give him better accuracy. LIGHTEN UP fer cryin' out loud!