HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I Am Outraged !#%^@&
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 10:15 AM
rather_be_huntin
Typical Buck

Default RE: I Am Outraged !#%^@&

ORIGINAL: jjt

rather

if you read closely you will see predator does not refer to wolves as of right now they are still a protected species in WY this offers some alternatives but anytime one is found dead especially on a ranch the US fish and game get involved

Yeah, I know that. I was simply trying to connect two dots. The discussion as I was seeing it was turning towards what rights ranchers should have vs. what they have done in the past to erradicate a species. I know wolves are protected but I firmly believe a man ought to be able to protect his property as you were saying. I also think there ought to be a management plan in place BEFORE they ever release one animal.

But I also see bigbulls' point about ranchers killing every one they see anywhere, anytime. In the past this was the practice and the whole reason these animals are protected. There weren't many left because of fear and ignorance and people started killing every animal they saw. Now ranchers are paying the price for the mistakes of thier heritage. However I do think its wrong that the gov isn't doing more to help ranchers out.