HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How can you consider rifle hunting, true hunting?
Old 04-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Legacy357

Default RE: How can you consider rifle hunting, true hunting?

i look at it this way. i would go with my bow in rifle season as well. i mostly go just to get out hunting with my dad and our hunting buddies. But take this year, the spot that i sat at for rifle season, at 7:45 i had a barely legal buck come by at 15 yards, never even saw me. I scoped him a few times and decided to let him live. It got to the point where the shot was going to take less than a second and that it was going to be work to get him out then the excitement would have been. Not even 15 minutes after the buck left, i had 7 doe standing less than 20 yards away. Once again, i though it would have been too easy to just pull the trigger. With my bow, it would have been a lot more fun and i might have considered shooting any of the deer but with a rifle it would have been way to easy. How can that be hunting? (i wasn't in a stand either, i was on the ground) its more like shooting fish in a barrel