HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures
Old 04-05-2004, 03:38 AM
BigBob .30-06

Default RE: Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures

old elkhunter,

I did about three months worth of testing with the Interbond last fall. The bullets were the .308 150 and 165 grain bullets.. Accuracy from a .308 W and .30-06 were very impressive.

I started the test with three boxes of the 150 grain bullets. All 300 were weighed and measured. All 300 bullets fell within .7 of a grain in weight and .0002" in diameter. Try this with your favorite bullets sometime. The quality control was the best I've ever checked. The only other bullet that has been this consistent is the same bullet in a Nosler Ballistic Tip. Penetration test were made with the .308W. Muzzle velocity was 2775 fps. The bullets were fired int water soaked newspapers. Bullets were fired fromm 100 yd, 75 yd, 40 yd and twenty feet. Bullets were collected, weighed and measured. Depth of penetration was measured with a cleaning rod and a tape measure. All bullets expanded to a minimum of .674". Weight retention was a minimum of 86% for the 20' bullets to 92% for the 100 yd bullets. The 20' bullets expanded to .750", penetrated 15". All bullets looked like something Hornady would use in an advertisement. Beautiful mushrooms all. None of the bullets ended up looking like a ball.

Prior to the Interbond being released, I had been using Nosler Partitions. Expansion, penetration and weight retention of the Interbond surrpassed anything the Nosler's ever gave. Due to being lazy, I didn't get a chance to use them on game, but I hope to correct that this fall..

Now these were my test results and they are the only thing I have to go on. I don't want to get into a spitting contest, and it is not my intention to step on anyone. Good luck.