HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New CyberTec Update:
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2002, 06:51 PM
razorhunter

Default New CyberTec Update:

Just wanted to let everyone know a few things about my new CyberTec, and how well things are going. No, this is not a long extensive bow report, but just a few findings!
I have been shooting the bow for a little over a week now, and I must honestly say that the 2 key findings I have experienced are the quietness and the ease of draw.
The CyberTec is honestly the quietest Hoyt bow I have shot. Period. This is with a set of well trimmed catwhiskers, limbsavers(of course) and a Simms Enhancer 2000 that is pretty old, and could probably use replacing! I just never realized how quiet the bow was from shooting it inside the pro shop. Outside it is SOOO quiet. I will venture to say that it is CONSIDERABLY more quiet than my HavocTec AND my 2001 Vortec. If you don't think this is possible, shoot the CyberTec.
As for the ease of draw: The day I set my bow up, I had to keep checking it on the bow scale to make sure I was at my usual 65lbs. I could not believe how much easier drawing it was. I cranked the limbs up to 70, and that honestly feels like my old 65! Again, you must experience it to believe it. Let me also add that I'm shooting the Versacam on ALL of these bows. They are all set up EXACTLY the same, shooting the EXACT same arrows.
Here are my specs and the specs my new CyberTec is producing:
-65lbs draw weight:
-27 3/8" draw length:
-330 gr Easton Redline 460
-TRU peep, D-Loop, kisser button and catwhiskers on string
-Shooting 268 fps.

This may seem slow to you "speed freaks", but this is actually pretty good with my puny little draw length, believe me!
I could gain a considerable amount by taking items off the string, and cranking up to 70 lbs, but to tell you the truth I don't want to shoot any faster for hunting, and my 3D trail only allows 260fps. It is also great to have one of the quietest bows out on the 3D course too!