HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Maryland Turkey
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Box Call

Default RE: Maryland Turkey

I'm also a Maryland turkey hunter not living too far from where you say you are. I was new to the sport last year at this time and really didn't do well on my hunts because I didn't know what I was doing. I did learn some things last year and since then have read everything I could get my hands on about turkey hunting. I've also spent many hours in the woods scouting and mapping what I have found. I feel much more confident going into this season and also have a hunt planned for Pa. with my cousin, who is an avid turkey hunter. I hope to learn more from him. All I can really tell you is to get out and scout the area you want to hunt and look for the tell tail signs that turkey are using the area. Although I haven't found huge populations in the areas I've scouted, I have found sign of turkey in almost every area I've gone to. This forum is also a wealth of knowledge and you can use many of the tips, etc. given here to help you plan your stategy. Although not impossible to get one your first time out, I'd have to say it probably won't be easy.