HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Very Uncomfortable Feeling!
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2002, 08:33 AM
MJL927

Default RE: Very Uncomfortable Feeling!

This past season I had 2 close calls.

1. Got to my stand but decided I wanted to look down the lane at another potention tree stand spot. I set down all my gear including my bow (big mistake) and walked about 40 yards down the lane. I was standing there on the trail when, sure enough, a small 6 pointer stepped out giving me what would be a perfect shot!! Then the deer turned and walked right up to me!! I just stood there too shocked to move. He looked me over then kept coming even closer. Finally he stopped about 5 or 6 feet away. I then moved my hands and he took off.

2. It was late and I was getting ready to leave. Just as I was getting down from the stand, a doe walked in. I tried to get a bead on her but it was really too dark to see more than 50 yards or so. I couldn't tell where she had gone so I waited until I couldn't hear any more movement and then proceeded to get down. I was standing on the ladder when the doe ran under me followed by two coyotes!! I decided to keep going. While walking to the truck though, I started to get scared that I would be attacked by a coyote. My imagination began running away from me. All of a sudden the unthinkable happened!! I heard loud fast footstep running right up behind me!! I spun around fast, raised my arms and yelled "RAAAAA" but this turned into "YAAAA!!!!" I was face to face with that doe!! We scared the living crap outta each other! HAHA!!

-Mike