HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Very Uncomfortable Feeling!
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2002, 06:43 PM
Baby G

Default Very Uncomfortable Feeling!

Has anyone ever been hunting and had a buck get inches from you. When I first started bowhunting I hunted from the ground. I was sitting under a big white oak at the edge of a bench/flat. The wind was fierce, I couldn't hear anything. At about 5:00 the unthinkable happened to me. The wind was blowing so hard it unknocked my arrow from my string, as I took a knee to get it I heard him step around the Oak right behind me. I had my bow covering most of my body and my face, and my easton arrow in my other hand. Its bad enough to be in a stand with no arrow on your string with a buck 50 yrds away, try being on the ground with with a buck within 5 feet of you and you sitting there like a gubber saying "Why Me Sweet Jesus". He was only a 3 pt but for a young hunter it might as well had been a 10. There I was heart beating, sweat pouring, and feeling like the dumbest hunter on the planet. I didn't move a muscle and I kept my eyes to the ground. I guess the good Lord wanted this to be a very exciting experience for me because as I was stirring at the ground I seen a hoof step within 10 inches of me. I thought I was going to come out of my skin. He walked about twenty yards to where a tree was between us. I knocked, drawed, and when he stepped into my shooting lane I let the once held easton go. I shot a little back, but found him the next day. Has anybody else had buck this close to them. Please share the story!