HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sorry team 2, and them bam
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 09:33 AM
flatlake-LA

Default sorry team 2, and them bam

Well, went out this morning and got setup, had birds gobbling all round me. they gobbled for about 45 mins then they all shut up except for one i heard about 400 yds away. So, I was going to move in on him. got in to the pipeline and hit the mouth call one more time before i moved. well one gobbled about 50yds on the other side of some tall grass. oh, s!@t. I droped right there in the rye grass. was afraid he hear me move back into the plamattos(sp sucks) hit the call again and here he comes. I was laying on my side to get as low as possible. will I drew on him and missed from 25yds. I was pissed. he was a big one too

But, I packed up and moved to another spot about 2 miles away and was doing some scouting. as I turned and was starting to head back. I hit the call. gobble gobble about 40yds in the plamottos. so I found a big tree in the dried up swamp bottom. and here he comes. so I layed the hammer on him. didn't miss this time. 18lb 2 inch beard.

Also this was my first turkey, on my first hunt that I could get out before daylight. I hunted 2 other time in the afternoon. and had hens come in on me but no toms with them.

hunting in south louisiana

this board has given me everything I needed to know to take a turkey, you guys and gals are great