HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - best deer feeder and why?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 01:42 PM
liquidorange
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best deer feeder and why?

i seen a product on the outdoor channel from wild game innovations. its called deer vour. it comes in 40 lb. bags from bass pro. its supposed to be a apple scented water proof pellet loaded with protien. i was looking for info on the purina deer chow but cant seem to find a local dealer in new jersey. i want to give the deer in my hunting area something a little better than just corn. this deer vour is like13$ a bit more than buying corn. i get 100lbs of corn for 10.50$ i plan on maybe mixing the 2 together. i have 2 moultrie economy feeders that hold 50lbs. of corn and so far so good. i also have there new gravity type feed on demand revolver feeder. it has a plastic varmint guard and a big heavy yellow ball that the deer need to push with there nose to make corn come out of it. the revolver feeder is great for remote areas because no battery is needed. i have the timer set for 6 secs.on the economy feeders. its enough to keep them coming back. it will last a good 3 weeks but if i hunt a feeder i will just bring a small 3 gallon bucket of corn and top off as the season goes so i dont have to bring in 50lbs in one shot.