HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What will you hunt this fall??
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 09:36 PM
whitetails & muskies

Default RE: What will you hunt this fall??

I'll be bow hunting whitetails up in the northwoods of Wisconsin through the first week of November. (I know, it's not like mountain hunting)...BUT, I will be in the Bob Marshall Wilderness (MT) for a late season elk/mulie hunt. I fell into this opportunity a few weeks ago, and at the last minute, we got our liscense and outfitter cert out in a fed ex package with a deadline of 3/15 at midnight. I called to follow up and the package was signed at the fish, wildlife and parks office on 3/15 at 10:00 AM, so I think I 'm good to go. The very last part of November, packing in on horses 15 miles. Could have snow up to my arm pits, but could also catch a good movement of animals. Been with this guy before and they run a heck of an outfit....looking forward to it, big time.

Glob306 - I hunted unit 65 last fall in the muzzleloader season, mid Sept. Got a nice 5x5 on the fourth day. No guides and worked that sucker for about 45 minutes before he finally showed. One shot with the front stuffer and he tipped over!!