HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Diet as a means of scent control
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 08:13 PM
Boone14622

Default RE: Diet as a means of scent control

I wash all my clothes in scent-free/killer soap and hang them outside when not in use. I also shower in scent killer soap. I usually start using the soap everyday no less than three days before a hunt. I wear rubber boots and a good cover scent like "Essence of Fall", "Fall Blend" or "Deer Dander" which smells just like a deer(Kind of like the wet deer fur smell with a mild deer uring scent mixed in) To me it smells exactly like a deer. Like when your still hunting through the woods and you actually smell the deer before you see it. Some of you out there might know what I'm talking about. I also like to use a deer piss gel on my boots. I put some on about a hundred yards away from the stand and walk in. Ive had big bucks follow my tracks right in. I have mixed feelings about taking a leak while in the stand. I use a bottle most of time, but on one occasion I was hunting a fresh scrape. On the way in I crossed an old scrape and I pissed on it. I sat in the stand for six hours until dark. On the way out I jumped the buck out of the scrape I pissed on. Go figure. He must of thought I was an intruder buck.