HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sight trouble
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Montanarchery

Default RE: sight trouble

I'm not sure I understand this method of group tuning? I've never had a problem with different left and right at different yardages. My group tuning is to shoot a 6 arrow group at 40 yards with numbered arrows so that if I let loose of any questionable shots (form or aiming) I can discount that arrow. First I'll look at the width of the group and start adjusting the left-right on the rest until i've got it as narrow as I can. Then I'll go to the heighth of the group, not worrying about where the group is hitting, and adjust the up-down on the rest. Once I have my groups as small as I can get them, I then start sighting in. I start at 30 with one or two arrows at a time and once I am in the dot there move back to 40 and shoot groups and adjust sight according to group center. Then do the same at 50 and your dialed in. I've found that the farther you sight in at the more acurate you are at short yardages, 20,30 yards. I also practice alot out to 60 yards and you wouldn't believe how much that helps at the short yardages. Ever since I started tuning this way I quit paper tuning also. Way better results with group tuning.