HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Carrying a bow on horseback?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 10:22 PM
elksniper

Default RE: Carrying a bow on horseback?

As others have said find something that is comfortable for you i do not know how long your base camp ride will be but anything over 20 minutes and good trail is enough for me with one handing it or a sling. whatever you decide make sure you try it out b4 you get up there and then are stuck using it. I certainly understand the outfitters point most people show up with these heavy rigid cases or even worse the cordura scabbards wich will gall a horse raw in no time. we take leather scabbards made for bows on our trips i would be surprised if you spoke with the oufitter and asked if one of his local saddlemakers designed scabbards would they be allowed. Just because you are paying a price does not mean he is going to tear up his stock so your arm won't be sore. Spend a little more time speaking with him about what TYPES of scabbards are not allowed. Good luck on your hunt and if ya don't get a scabbard make sure you figure something out thast is very comfortable and will not get hung up in the trees and if it does i would recommend a weak link so that you don't end up with your bow in the creek.