HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - lyman frizzen....
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 06:37 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default lyman frizzen....

i went to the bp shop today and picked up a lyman frizzen for my TC hawken because i heard they were better then the TCs....all i had to do was file it down some....or so i was told....i got it to fit in the slot and the screw fits fine and everthing....when i fire it though it barely opens and if it does open the whole way its really loose when its all the way forward...its not side to side play its up and down....did i mess it up or didnt i do enough yet??? did i ruin the frizzen or how can i fix it??? the springs not touching the second piece that comes out of the frizzen...the first one does though....on my original frizzen it does touch....i traced them and they are the same shape and size....i just cant seem to get it to work.....anyone have any advice....the lady at the store didnt want to sell me the frizzen because she didnt think it would work.....but i figured what does she know....she was calling it a frizzum and told me she never seen the hardened TC ones and that they should be better then the other tcs and the lyman.....anyone have any tips to get it to work??? the sparks are great coming off of it...when they do....and my flint life is 1000 times better already.....but its not opening right and not sparking too good....anyone?? thanx guys