HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shed Hunting/Skull Finding
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2004, 04:39 AM
jimpok61

Default Shed Hunting/Skull Finding

The snows have finally receded and while shed hunting this past Sunday I headed for the thick crap. I worked pretty hard for about an hour and lo I came across an ol' doe skull. Not 5 minutes later I found a carcass of a 5 pt. approx. 1 1/2 yr. old buck. Yotes had cleaned him bare but thoracic skeleton and head were intact. Here I am out shedding and I come upon skulls and bodies. I collected both skulls so I could show my boy, Joe, the difference in their shapes and figured they might come in handy when he's studying environmental science, next fall in Syracuse, NY. While heading back in for dinner I looked skyward figuring I would spot a full moon smiling down upon my weary arse. No full moon but I must admit I felt a tad ghoulish hauling home my skulls. The Mrs. asked how my hunt went and I replied, " very good Dear, 2 skulls in the car trunk." She rolled her eyes heavenward and said that she had better start her evening prayers. I guess we are a strange bunch but we sure have fun, DOIN OUR THANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!