HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .38sp vs 9mm vs .45ACP
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 11:43 AM
spd522

Default RE: .38sp vs 9mm vs .45ACP

Snubbys are OK but not really the best choice now that quality semiautos exist. They are more difficult to shoot due to felt recoil and short sight radius. However, your Taurus most likely suffers from the same thing most Taurus suffer- not a very good trigger. A good gunsmith can slick the action up on your Taurus and I guarantee you will be able to shoot it much better.

I really like the 9mm guns. With quality ammo, stopping ability ranks up there with most 40/45 loads. They make great CCW guns.

Unless you are a big bodied person, I would stay away from the big frame guns. Everyone makes a smaller frame gun in about any caliber that is much easier to carry and for the most part, just as accurate.

I have carried a Sig P232,P226, P229, P220, Glock 17, 26, Para P12-45, Walther PPKS, Colt Defender, S&W 3913, 469, Model 19 (4in) and Model 36(2in) in concealed rigs. With the right holster, almost anything can be carried comfortably.

I would prefer a small 9mm auto such as a Glock 26 or Kahr 9 over a snubby anyday. More rounds available, mags are easier to carry than speedloaders, and the guns themselves carry flatter and are easier to shoot accurately.

My current CCW guns are the Colt Defender and a Browning HiPower.