HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is your funniest thing that happened in the woods?
Old 03-12-2004, 09:13 AM
bearklr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what is your funniest thing that happened in the woods?

This one pertains to hunting but not during a hunt. My wife used to attend culinary school in Pittsburgh. Well, one day while on the phone with her I informed her that I was going out dove hunting. At this she told me,"Why don't you just come out here and hunt, we have huge doves out here". Well, needless to say I was a little confused and didn't think much of it. That is, until I went to visit one weekend. As we were walking down the street a flock of birds took off in front of us. My wife turned to me and said "see, I told you we have big doves in Pittsburgh". All I could say to her was "Wow, do you think I could talk that guy on the park bench feeding those PIGEONS to come back home with me and lure some in!". She just turned all red in the face and said "oh, so they are pigeons, not doves". . To this day when dove season rolls around she'll ask me if it's time to go pigeon hunting yet.