HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Food Plots????
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 05:09 PM
doughboysigep
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Food Plots????

No, you obviously don't know who you'are dealing with. For the record, I work for a Soil & Water District and occasionally get questions (and give advice) on food plots. If you took the time to read my first reply, you would know that I like generic seed (clover especially) and not the name brand stuff. I didn't elaborate because i don't want to bash the name brands (I am sure they have a place and know they work well for a lot of people), I just think people can be better off buying "regular" seed from their local feed/seed store and planting what is suited to their conditions and goals.

Maybe you misinterpreted my statements or just don't read very good because I can't see in any of my replies anything that would make me out as a seed rep or anything other than a hunter with an opinion (plant clover and consult with extension agents for advice). Oh, and by the way, there are many biologists that promote the name-brand blends - have you ever watched a hunting show - they are always pushing brand X, but that is besides the point

Well, happy planting - whatever you decide to do.