HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - **Bows in support of the Troops in Iraq!**
Old 03-04-2004, 10:38 AM
shootin296

Default RE: **Bows in support of the Troops in Iraq!**

Hey everyone and thanks so much for your support, thoughts, and prayers.
I just wnated to let you know that I am a soldier in 1-8 Infantry, the battalion that started the bow range. There are so many hunters in our battalion, and the range has been wonderful!! I couldn't say thanks enough to the companies who sponsored us, nor could I be more disappointed in those who didn't. It wasn't that we couldn't get "free equipment" from them, but rather their lack of response PERIOD. Possibly we talked to the wrong people.
Regardless, those who did help us out are more than appreciated! We are working on putting together packets to send to those companies containing certificates of appreciation from our battalion commander and XO, battalion coins, and pictures of the range.
The webpage, http://geocities.com/jaseboyhyde/archery.html is mine, but due to some problems lately with the server it's been up and down. I apologize and am working on getting that fixed.
Jennifer, who posted one of my emails on this thread, has been more than helpful to me. I bought some shirts and caps online from them before we asked for their support for the range, and she was so kind and personal that I suggested we call bowtech and ask for their support. That was the best decision we ever made regarding the range.
I would like to also mention Hoyt, McKenzie, Toxonics, Trophy Ridge, Beaman/Easton, Scott, Parker, Alpine, and several other companies that may have slipped my mind. I will have links and an appreciation paragraph on the site soon. We intend to thoroughly thank all these companies.
In addition, there are so many soldiers who were shooting for the first time, and now are wanting to buy archery equipment when we get back, that I have a feeling it's going to all come back to the companies that helped us. I just can't say enough good things about their support.
I can't wait to get back to the United States and resume my regular hunting/archery activities, but until we get back, we're enjoying our range in Iraq.
Thanks again for all the support. We appreciate it more than you all know!!
Take care and God bless,
Jason Hyde
Spc (yep,just got promoted) United States Army
1-8 Infantry, 4th ID
Balad, Iraq