HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out!
Old 03-04-2004, 07:40 AM
Antler Eater
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: One more treestand & I may get my walkin' papers, help a brother out!

Probably not a good idea to get in this dicscussion. I'm a little hesitant to put this down on paper, then people will know I crazy. In my defense I have been doing this for over 30 years so I should be allowed to possess the necessary "tools" to make the job easier.

I have given a few a way but currently I have 21 hang on stands, not counting a Bear River crotch stand, a Tree Sling type harness, and a Treesuit. Then of course there are the half dozen or so permanent tree stands that I have built and maintain...No wonder I'm divorced. Actually I didn't acquire my current inventory until after she left.

I guess last year I didn't hunt out of my Treesuit, "Tree Sling", or the Crotch stand. As far as the others go I had them all out but two last year.

One never knows when they will pick up new ground, have hunter friends or relatives visit, wind change, etc, so you have to be prepared.