HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - self nocks, reinforced nocks?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2002, 06:13 AM
wallypedal
Spike

Default RE: self nocks, reinforced nocks?

Dan & Grey,
I haven't tried any self-nocks yet, but I've been reading this thread, and you got me to wonderin'.

I don't have the TBB jig directions either, but I have been making some jigs for other archery purposes. Dunno what the fence options are on Dan's band saw, but here's a suggestion:
Make a jig out of a plain square board by cutting a V-groove with a router straight across, and in the middle. V-grooves center shafts nicely.(Like on power tapering tools). Use the rip fence, or screw a wood strip on the bottom of the board to ride in the fence groove on the table. Make a clamp by taking a piece of Lexan or Lucite, drill a couple holes on both sides of the shaft groove, and hold it down with springs under washers and wing nuts. File or sand a flared groove on the edge where you start the arrow shaft under the clamp. If you need this whole thing to be adjustable, then mount it to another board that will ride in the fence groove instead. Cut slots in the jig board for screws coming up from the base board. Piece of cake???!!

How you'd modify this to work for cutting nocks and reinforcing grooves I'm not sure, It's basically an adjustable arrow shaft holder.
Tom