HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is your funniest thing that happened in the woods?
Old 03-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Techy

Default RE: what is your funniest thing that happened in the woods?

These aren't really hunting stories persay, but they are outdoors stories.

A couple of week ago, this local idiot about 16 years of age was snowmobiling and hit a deer. It didn't really hurt him or the sled, so he turned around to have a look at the deer. The deer had run out into a huge field. Then something inside him triggered a chase. Now this idiot is chasing a deer across an open field in about 2 feet of snow. When he catches up to the deer, he bails off the sled and tackles the deer. Needless to say, the deer kicked the crap out of him. Think he learned his lesson.

Last year I was sitting on the riverbank eating sunflower seeds behind my buddy's house. It was after dark, and was really peaceful untill I heard this hissing sound. I jerk my head over in time to see this opossum charging at me, hissing. I paniced and dove for a folding chair leaning against the house. I swung that chair like I was going for a hole-in-one on a par 5. That opossum ended up floating down the river. He tangled with the wrong guy